Group standings are now starting to take shape. Stuff I’ll be keeping an eye on when Matchday 4 comes around on November 5/6.
- I’m pleasantly surprised to see Zenit St Petersburg – one of my picks to move on from Group G – are in second place behind Atletico Madrid.
- With their loss to Real Madrid, Juventus are languishing in third place in Group B. Hmmm…
- Arsenal vs. Borussia Dortmund lived up to the hype, something of a rarity for marquee matches in this competition.
- Bayern Munich and Paris St. Germain both slammed down 5-0 wins today. Damn.
- Chelsea beat Schalke pretty easily, with Fernando Torres scoring 2 goals and continuing his European scoring form. See, I can say nice things about Chelsea.
For now, I’ll stick with my picks for group winners and runners-up (see below) – though Juventus and Benfica are starting to worry me:
Zenit St. Petersburg